Contract Length: 6 months
At Parallon Technology Solutions (PTS), we serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities. Visit our website to learn more about us!
Parallon Technology Solutions is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our team in Nashville, TN.
- Provide Enterprise data networking designs, services, and support in a fortune 100 company environment with national reach. T
- hese responsibilities will require the candidate to be a Subject Matter Expert across network technologies, services, and additional related components (as listed for this position).
- The candidate must provide solutions that meet HCA’s network requirements and maintain networking service levels.
- This position will interact daily with the Business Surveillance Center, Customer Support, Business Partners, Vendors, IT&S personnel, as well as the end users on developing network solutions to meet HCA business requirements.
- Working with vendors on product design enhancements to integrate new technologies
- OSPF/BGP routing protocols, IP advertising/filtering/redistribution, Quality of Service, IP multicast
- Engineering consultations of Level III network troubleshooting/problem resolutions, protocol analysis, network troubleshooting/problem determination skills with network trace/capture/analysis software
- System architecture and tiered application modules knowledge. Understanding of end-to-end data flows and traffic patterns.
- Network impact analysis, modeling, network capacity planning
- Software/hardware device upgrades, LAN equipment configurations/provisioning
- Utilizing network standards and policies/procedural documentation and enterprise level network diagramming
- IP addressing, variable length subnet masking
- Wide Area Network technology provisioning and configuration (i.e. MPLS, ATM, ISDN, Private Line, Frame Relay) and WAN equipment configurations for bandwidth rates from DSL to OC12, as well as Metro-E connectivity from 10mb to 1gb.
- Networking services for ACS, AAA, DHCP, BOOTP, DNS, ICMP and SNMP
- Design and Support for network security technologies and products
- Remote access technologies (i.e. SSL-VPN, IPSec, B2B, private line and Dial-up).
- Training/Mentoring other IT&S staff members
- Minimal travel for network analysis, network upgrades and customer network consultations
- Some Overtime required and on-call rotation during off-hours and weekends
- Excellent written and oral communications skills regarding presentations, technical white papers, and network proposals will be required.
- All aspects of Cisco equipment and the Cisco IOS.
- Utilize various versions of NMS platforms (NetQOS, IP-SLA, Voyance, CiscoWorks, etc..) a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite, plus Visio and MS Project
- Business Objects preferred
- Use of collaboration tools a plus (LCS, etc..)
- BMC Remedy and CA Clarity knowledge preferred.
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent.
Connect with Parallon Technology Solutions on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!