Duration: 6 months
We are currently seeking an UX/User Interface Engineer to join our team in Nashville, TN. This engineer delivers on “Front End” (User Interface & User Experience – UI & UX) development commitments from start to finish for all aspects of the consumer facing digital products such as HCA websites, mobile apps and Consumer Patient Portal. The “FED” Engineer demonstrates capability to design, development, implement, and support development solutions. Engineer can quickly learn and maintain existing solutions as well as new development.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Engineer provides key problem resolutions for production systems as needed.
- Engineer has an in depth understanding of technologies involve within the CPP and is required to develop relationships throughout the organization as well as our Vendors to assist in accomplishing company/project goals.
- Engineer must have knowledge and experience in web interface engineering and an ability to design solid front-end architectures that integrates with other systems and technologies.
- This engineer is a highly motivated, creative, self-starter and is committed to delivering high quality solutions within agreed upon timelines.
- Develop Consumer Facing Product UI/UX Front End Code
- Take workflow and direction from Director, Manager and Senior developers & UX Designers
- Have strong sense of interaction design and UX – user experience solutions
- Support work presented to the business, field partners and co-workers
- Work with other engineers and developers with industry leading standards and emerging technical solutions
- Perform technical developer duties on UI and UX for dotCMS, WebSphere Portal project, including requirements gathering, design, development, and testing
- Participate in requirements validation and feasibility analysis with respect to WebSphere Portal and other related CMS products
- Create high level and detail front end UI specification that will enable, help troubleshooting day to day build activities.
- Estimate work effort required in delivering features keeping WebSphere Portal capabilities in mind
- Produce high quality, modular, reusable code that incorporates coding best practices
- Write code and assist in development of new products/features and enhance and/or maintain existing ones
- Assist the design team in portal configuration/customization for different environments
- Take workflow between visual designers, back-end developers and vendor partners
- Accurately report issues and status to project management
- Create and execute unit test cases (both automated and manual)
- Participate in various code review activities.
- Collaborate with Digital Media Creative Director, other Developers and Digital Media Staff to ensure a highly engaging and technically solid end user experience
About Parallon Technology Solutions:
- Experience with adaptive & responsive web design techniques. Ideally this experience would include implementing one or more well-known responsive design frameworks such as Twitter Angular, Bootstrap, Ember, Foundation, Skeleton, etc.
- Have a firm foundation developing native and non-native web apps on iOS (iPhone, iPad), Android and other appropriate mobile interfaces.
- High-proficiency with compliancy standard XHTML & CSS, accessibility and SEO
- Solid hand coding, no WYSIWYG coding
- Has a passion for engaging end users through highly interactive interface experiences.
Solid understanding of desktop, tablet & mobile Webkit, Opera & Mozilla based cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions
- Knowledge of solutions to emulate CSS3 and HTML5 experiences on Internet Explorer 7+ browsers through progressive enhancement and/or JS solutions.
- Experience using common JS Frameworks (jQuery, MooTools, YUI, etc.)
- Expert writing professional, clean JS with scalability and extensibility in mind
- Has a passion to minimize page load and HTTP requests when finalizing a solution.
- Knowledge / experience with front-end performance optimization and overall end user experience
- Experience with server-side scripting such as PHP, Velocity, .Net, Java, Velocity, etc.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes
- Curiosity, full of excitement , and an outside of the box thinker
- A passion for learning new technologies / techniques
- Experience integrating custom HTML and CSS into web content management systems or enterprise portals not required but desirable
- Development of themes and skins for WebSphere Portal, or other Java-based portals not required but desirable
iOS and Android Native App experience not required but desirable
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities. We are committed to providing cost-effective solutions for our clients so they can maximize their investments and deliver better patient care. Parallon Technology Solutions, LLC. provides EHR implementations, IT help desk, application support, IT managed services, hosting, technical staffing and strategic IT consulting services to hospitals, outpatient facilities, and large physician groups nationwide. With a team of over 400 clinical, financial and technical professionals, PTS has implemented EHR systems in more than 300 facilities. PTS offers staffing and remote support services for all major EHR acute and ambulatory platforms as well as their ancillary applications.