Contract Length: 10-months
At Parallon Technology Solutions (PTS), we serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities. Visit our website to learn more about us!
Parallon Technology Solutions is seeking a Junior Project Manager to join our team in Nashville, TN. The Junior Project Manager will work with various levels of Project Managers at HCA IT&S and are responsible for the coordination of project work including preparation, tracking, and maintenance of project plans, resource plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Support the Project Manager’s assignment of tasks to resources, assist in time tracking, handle project plan administration, financial tracking, and other project information tracking, analysis, and reporting.
- Serve as a backup for the Project Manager, sometimes leading meetings and producing status updates.
- On large projects, the Project Manager Assistant is often given a sub-component of the project to manage on their own.
- Processes Works with project manager to develop project plans, schedules, and budgets, and to track work and status related to projects aimed at the delivery of IT products and services to HCA business units.
- Supports project managers in their development of labor estimates, cost estimates, schedules, milestones, deliverables, and overall plans projects.
- Develops and maintains project plan and schedule in Microsoft Project and Clarity, including the breakdown of project work into manageable groups (project phases and work breakdown and sequencing of work).
- Works with project manager to develop project charters.
- Ensures that charter and other deliverables and documents are produced and approved as required.
- Stores documents and deliverables in appropriate repository.
- Works with project manager to identify risks and issues and to track contingency plans or issue resolution to completion, including maintaining risk and issue logs and tracking/reporting their status.
- Supports the project managers in tracking project dependencies, interdependencies with other projects and existing products, and critical path items.
- Monitors overall project progress and updates plans and status reports accordingly.
- Tracks financial performance of the project, including actual to budget tracking for labor hours and dollars, operating costs, and capital costs.
- Writes project status reports on required schedules including progress updates and status of all issues.
- Distributes status reporting as required – on schedule and adapts their frequency and content to the needs of the business as well as IT&S requirements.
- Participates in project post-closure reviews and creates a lessons learned document in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Completes project closure documentation and updates relevant tools and repositories.
- Supports project managers with preparation for and conducting of meetings and other project-related communications.
- College degree required
- 1+ years of Project Management Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Advanced MS Office skills, specifically with Excel
- Effective time management skills
Connect with Parallon Technology Solutions on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!