Contract Length: 6-months (Probably C to H) Night Shift
At Parallon Technology Solutions (PTS), we serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities. Visit our websiteto learn more about us!
Parallon Technology Solutions is seeking a Entry-Level Incident Response to join our team in Nashville, TN.
- Monitors the health of IT infrastructure and business services while responding to all alerts generated by our monitoring tools and/or customers reports. Utilizes routine triage documentation while diagnosing incidents.
- Documents resolutions or work completed to alerts/tickets in a defined and standardized method to ensure trending and categorization is available.
- Creates a positive client support experience and builds strong relationships through problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress and handling clients with a consummately professional attitude.
- Provides infrastructure and business service incident resolution services for all lines of business across a wide array of technologies.
- Actively works to ensure IT&S Service Level Agreements are met.
- Actively participates in and manages incident communication needs and expectations for customers and stakeholders.
- Occasional nights/weekend work required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 or more years of relevant experience preferred
- Certification in one or more of the following is preferred: Microsoft (MCSA, MCSE, MCITP), VMware (VCP, VCAP), Citrix (CCA, CCAA), Comptia (A+, Network+, Security+), AIX Admin, Red Hat RHCSA, Cisco (CCNA)
- Specific platform knowledge in multiple areas is desired: Windows Server 2008 or higher, Unix, AIX 6.X & 7.X, Red
- Hat Linux 6.X & 7.X.Support of SAN-attached devices and tools such as HDLM, PowerPath, and Fast-T.
- Customer service training or experience
- A working knowledge of providing customer support using BMC’s Remedy
- Experience with network fundamentals and performance principles, including a firm understanding of TCP/IP protocols.
- Strong understanding of virtual technology, such as, Microsoft HyperV, VmWare ESX, IBM LPARs, VIO servers, and micro-partitions is highly desirable.
- Written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively are essential
- Understanding and experience with operating system concepts and practical implementation of those fundamentals
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as BMC ProactiveNet or Microsoft System Center Operations Manager.
- Ability to monitor, resolve, and escalate alerts appropriately
- A knowledge of Active Directory/NT Account administration
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn line of business and business terminology
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to judge severity of issues and use discretion in obtaining required services
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to succinctly communicate verbally and in a variety of media
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to work with a team
Connect with Parallon Technology Solutions on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!