Contract Length: 12-months
At Parallon Technology Solutions (PTS), we serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities. Visit our website to learn more about us!
Parallon Technology Solutions is seeking a Senior Linux/OpenShift Engineer to join our team in Nashville, TN.
- Provide leadership and technical acumen necessary to design, develop, modify, and implement operational strategies, processes and procedures necessary to ensure performance, security, stability and resilience of all Linux/OpenShift infrastructure.
- Deploy technically complex infrastructure computing solutions across various platforms and components.
- Support one or more key areas including Red Hat Linux, Red Hat OpenShift, Red Hat Satellite and Ansible.
- Perform complex administrative tasks within a large-scale production environment.
- Perform troubleshooting in production environment using good process assessment, analytical, and planning skills.
- Multi-task proficiently while exhibiting good decision making.
- Troubleshoot applications, hardware, development coding, debugging, testing and delivery within a large Enterprise production environment.
- Utilize project planning and coordination skills, and possess superior verbal and written communication skills to engage, notify, enlighten and educate both technical and executive management audiences on issues, challenges and opportunities prevalent within the Linux/OpenShift purview.
- Mentor and transfer knowledge to peers.
- Work with peers across boundaries to increase adoption of automation techniques and DevOps process.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years related experience.
- Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Deep understanding of Linux internals, including performance tuning experience, troubleshooting, bug fix updates and core builds.
- Thorough knowledge of system management, clustering, storage management and virtualization.
- Programming skills in shell (Bash, Python, Golang, Ruby, etc.)
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills and work collaboratively across technical disciplines.
- Working knowledge and experience with ITIL foundation processes.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of computer performance metrics and tools, to include understanding of CPU utilization levels, CPU and disk queuing, I/O response times, and other key performance indicators and their impact on performance.
- Be available for work during non-business hours and participate in on-call rotation as needed.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) is a plus.
- Must possess leadership skills and be able to lead others through influence.
- Capable of working effectively within a high pressure and demanding work environment.
- Must be self-motivated and work effectively with limited supervision.
- Must be customer-oriented and recognize the importance of customer service.
- Good process assessment, analytical, and planning skills and be able to multi-task proficiently and exhibit good decision making skills.
- Ability to identify problems and note trends.
Connect with Parallon Technology Solutions on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!