Contract Length: 6-months
Seniority Level: Senior
At Parallon Technology Solutions (PTS), we serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities. Visit our website to learn more about us!
Parallon Technology Solutions is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our team in Nashville, TN.
- Adopt and lead by example with the Infrastructure as Code mindset.
- Develop automated tools/scripts to eliminate manual tasks.
- Automate infrastructure and application deployments.
- Build out, optimize and operate our software defined networks in the public cloud (routers, load balancers, firewalls, DNS, VPN, etc.).
- Configure and maintain network logging, monitoring, and alerting tools.
- Perform testing and debugging of automated deployment and configuration software. Adhere to the CI / CD toolchain and processes to check code quality and vulnerabilities of the automation.
- Run PowerShell and JSON deployments and troubleshoot deployments.
- Work collaboratively with other Cloud Engineers, architects, and leads across IT&S and other disciplines to enable the enterprise use of cloud. This includes helping with proof of concept efforts with these teams, helping educate them, and advocating the safe use of public cloud services in line with HCA’s guiding principles for public cloud.
- Work with team to contribute, plan, and prioritize backlog of cloud design patterns and automation releases and updates that enable and support HCA’s use of public cloud services.
- Support customer issues on project work to ensure services are consistently and securely deployed. Work with support engineers, public cloud provider/s, developers, and off-shore resources to support escalated issues.
- Be “on call” after regular shift based on pre-defined, rotating “on call” schedule to include potentially selected weekends and after hours weekday schedules.
- Create and document best practices and guidelines for developers and infrastructure engineers.
- 7+ years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Core background and experience as an architect or senior engineer in infrastructure operations.
- Experience deploying and supporting critical applications to the public cloud in an architect or engineer role for a mid-sized organization or larger.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of core underlying technologies for public cloud including cloud API’s.
- Ability to take cloud concepts and educate other teams about their implementation. Collaboratively work with other teams and departments to show what is possible and correct false assumptions.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft technologies.
- Cloud: Cloud Management Software, CMDB, Service Management software.
- Knowledge how infrastructure services are used to enable applications and interactions of the infrastructure stack to aid in design, deployment, and troubleshooting in an enterprise datacenter environment.
- General understanding of traffic flow of application and infrastructure services as they traverse firewalls, IPS, IDS, Active Directory, and other core services.
- Experience with Visual Studio, GitHub, PowerShell, C# or other development language is a plus.
Connect with Parallon Technology Solutions on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!