Classification: Contract to Hire
Contract Length: 6-months
At Parallon Technology Solutions (PTS), we serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities. Visit our website to learn more about us!.
Parallon Technology Solutions is seeking a System Administrator to join our team in Nashville, TN.
- Ensure the stability and integrity of the HCA enterprise systems Management applications tools (server, network, voice and application) and services and support for HCA’s CWD enterprise systems consisting of 1200 sites, associated servers and network nodes.
- Participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all System and application Management hardware, software, and communication links.
- Analyze and resolve Systems Management hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Interact daily with the ISC, Customer Support, Design and Build, business partners, vendors, other IT&S staff/management and end users/customers on developing alerting solutions that meet HCA business requirements.
- Author technical white papers on new technologies and operational module development
- System and application impact analysis and capacity planning
- Software/hardware device upgrades, LAN equipment configurations/provisioning
- Installs, configures, and maintains the organization's Systems and Alert Management applications.
- Manages performance and maintains security of Systems Management applications.
- Manages performance of a multiple hardware and software platform interface at the most complex level.
- Design, install, configure, administer, tune, and optimize application systems servers and related components to achieve high availability and performance of the various business applications supported.
- Configures all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment.
- IP addressing, variable length subnet masking
- Assesses system management server cluster performance.
- Expert recommendations for upgrades and improvements.
Connect with Parallon Technology Solutions on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- 5+ years of Systems Administration/Engineering experience required
- Experience working in and supporting Windows and Linux environments required
- IBM AIX is highly desired
- Experience supporting Java based applications is preferred
- Related SPLUNK, BMC, CA and Microsoft (SCOM) alerting protocols are a plus
- Networking services for DHCP, BOOTP, DNS, Internet connectivity
- Network Security technologies and products
- Remote access technologies (i.e. VPN)
- System architecture and tiered application modules knowledge
- Understanding of end-to-end data flows and traffic patterns