Contract Length: 12-months
At Parallon Technology Solutions (PTS), we serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities. Visit our website to learn more about us!
Parallon Technology Solutions is seeking a Systems Programmer to join our team REMOTELY.
- Provide extraordinary technical depth and systems programming skills that cover a broad range of disciplines and/or a particular technical discipline that is of significance to HCA.
- Perform any technical project assigned with no supervision.
- Identify, investigate, evaluate and become proficient in new technologies and technical disciplines that are of significance to HCA.
- Provide creative and innovative ideas and approaches that will improve the performance of HCA IT&S, as well as assisting in meeting the business goals and strategies of the corporation.
- Provide technical consulting on complex projects.
- Make well thought-out decisions on complex or ambiguous systems issues.
- Install and maintain infrastructure systems programs.
- Monitor and make appropriate changes to systems products.
- Ensure system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
- Design, test, and debus complex operating system components, software tools, and utilities.
- Responsibilities by percentage:
- 10% - Consulting on Mainframe Software Systems Design
- 20% - Installation of Mainframe Software products
- 20% - Maintenance of Mainframe Software Products
- 20% - Tuning and optimization of Mainframe Software products
- 20% - Problem Determination related to Mainframe Software Products
- 10% - Administrative duties (i.e. reporting, metrics gathering, status reports etc.)
- 10+ years of relative experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of staff and senior management
- Thorough understanding of Mainframe Operating Systems internals and principles of operation.
- Experience providing Mainframe systems support to include writing tools.
- Experience working with Mainframe systems (e.g. z/OS, DB2, TCPIP, VTAM, BMC and other ISV software required in the course of systems administration).
- Experience with mainframe product installation tools and techniques
- Expertise with networking
- Experience with Virtualization technologies used within a Z/OS Parallel Sysplex
- Familiarity with performance tuning methods
- Knowledge of Z/OS capacity planning fundamentals to include RMF, SMF, SAS and MXG
- Familiarity with Security Access control software for Z/OS (RACF / Resource Access Control Facility)
- Familiarity with Z/OS-class hardware components to include processors, coupling facilities, storage and networking gear
- Strong knowledge of personal computer systems and Microsoft Office (or other similar productivity applications) is required
- Experienced at developing technical documentation related to systems integration, design interfaces and product installations
Connect with Parallon Technology Solutions on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!