Contract Length: 1-year
Job ID: 11536298
At Parallon Technology Solutions (PTS), we serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities. Visit our website to learn more about us!
Parallon Technology Solutions is seeking a Consulting-Level DevOps Engineer to join our team in Brentwood, TN.
- Provides suggestions to leadership to help determine the proper direction with/for DevOps.
- Analyzes information taken from operations and development leadership, as part of a continuous improvement effort.
- Treats automation as an opportunity, instead of a threat to job security.
- Supports the development lifecycle of platform design, deployment and debugging.
- Has a broad understanding of DevOps tool and technologies.
- Helps to identify, resolve and prevent existing and future system bottleneck issues.
- Provides technical assistance to developers, testers and engineers to unify operational efforts.
- Helps develop, install and deploy scripts.
- Works well in a team environment with a strong customer service ethic.
- Explores concepts, ideas and new technology to create novel solutions to problems.
- Accountable for maintaining process integrity with regards to policies and procedures. Must have good awareness and familiarity with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Aids in assuring that SOPs are kept current. Contributes to creation of new SOPs where needed.
- Provides technical documentation on processes and how they interact with the tools used to implement those processes.
- Leads DevOps team during investigation, design, and development of new processes or tools.
- May be asked to provide training for other departments and co-workers and act as a mentor to junior employees.
- Compiles and completes status and metrics reports.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Will be asked to brief Leadership, so good communication and people skills are key.
- Stays up to date with the most current software engineering techniques.
- Performs General Responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- 10+ years of relative experience.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to relate to all types of diverse individuals.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Must excel in a team environment.
- Basic understanding of information security concepts.
- Capable of clearly articulating ideas and express opinions in an environment of open communication.
- General knowledge of the following applications is desirable:
- Source Control: TFS, Git, Puppet, Ansible, Chef
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins, TeamCity
- PowerShell Scripting, Unix Shell Scripting
Connect with Parallon Technology Solutions on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!