Duration: 6 months (possibility to extend)
We are currently looking for a Senior Level Network Engineer to join our team. We are seeking a candidate local to Charleston, SC, Augusta, GA or Jacksonville, FL for this position. This position will interact daily with the Business Surveillance Center, Customer Support, Business Partners, Vendors, IT&S personnel, as well as the end users on developing network solutions to meet HCA business requirements. Excellent written and oral communications skills regarding presentations, technical white papers, and network proposals will be required. Project management and problem management skills are required to effectively meet HCA business objectives and Service Level Agreements.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Complex WAN/LAN designs utilizing best practice switching/routing technologies and topologies.
- Planning and integration of new technologies within a large network environment.
- New and best of breed product and technology evaluations and research, integration testing proposals
- Working with vendors on product design enhancements to integrate new technologies OSPF/BGP routing protocols, IP advertising/filtering/redistribution, Quality of Service, IP multicast
- Engineering consultations of Level III network troubleshooting/problem resolutions, protocol analysis, network troubleshooting/problem determination skills with network trace/capture/analysis software
- System architecture and tiered application modules knowledge. Understanding of end-to-end data flows and traffic patterns.
- Network impact analysis, modeling, network capacity planning
- Software/hardware device upgrades,
- LAN equipment configurations/provisioning
- Utilizing network standards and policies/procedural documentation and enterprise level network diagramming
- IP addressing, variable length subnet masking Wide Area Network technology provisioning and configuration (i.e. MPLS, ATM, ISDN, Private Line, Frame Relay) and WAN equipment configurations for bandwidth rates from DSL to OC12, as well as Metro-E connectivity from 10mb to 1gb.
- Networking services for ACS, AAA, DHCP, BOOTP, DNS, ICMP and SNMP
- Design and Support for network security technologies and products Remote access technologies (i.e. SSL-VPN, IPSec, B2B, private line and Dial-up).
- Training/Mentoring other IT&S staff members Problem management skills
- Meet IT&S change management and project management requirements Minimal travel for network analysis, network upgrades and customer network consultations
- This position will require travel up to 1-hour radius between facilities (candidate can expect to mainly work at one hub most of the time but should be aware and available for travel)
- Cisco Data Networking Technologies experience required
- 3+ years IT experience
- Utilize various versions of NMS platforms (NetQOS, IP-SLA, Voyance, CiscoWorks, etc..) a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite, plus Visio and MS Project Business Objects preferred Use of collaboration tools a plus (LCS, etc..)
- BMC Remedy and CA Clarity knowledge preferred
- RFP experience
- Troubleshooting complex nation-wide network issues required
- Training and presenting experience required
- Network Management tool expereince specifically CiscoWorks, Voyence, IP-SLA, Netflow, SMNP, logging and more
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- 24/7 availability for support and after hours work in order to support the availability and uptime requirement of the business
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent preferred
About Parallon Technology Solutions:
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities. We are committed to providing cost-effective solutions for our clients so they can maximize their investments and deliver better patient care. Parallon Technology Solutions, LLC. provides EHR implementations, IT help desk, application support, IT managed services, hosting, technical staffing and strategic IT consulting services to hospitals, outpatient facilities, and large physician groups nationwide. With a team of over 400 clinical, financial and technical professionals, PTS has implemented EHR systems in more than 300 facilities. PTS offers staffing and remote support services for all major EHR acute and ambulatory platforms as well as their ancillary applications.